On the shore of Telise village stands two stone pyramid-shaped towers. They were constructed around 1910 and were used by seamen to orient their vessels to the shore. The lower marker stands around 22-feet (7-meters) and the upper is 39-feet (12-meters) high. The distance between them is well over 1,000-feet (400-meters).
Together, these structures form a direct route for navigation that was used by ships to safely dock at the nearby seaside resort town of Haapsalu. The towers were known as day markers because they could only be seen by ships in daylight.
Today, the towers have a significant cultural and historical value. They have received some minor damages over the years and trees around the structures have become overgrown. Only a few similar day markers still exist in the Baltic Sea area today. Marker towers are now mostly obsolete, most places where an orientation beacon is needed one can often find a lighthouse.
In Estonia, the Telise marker towers are the only such towers left remaining.